It was my birthday around two weeks ago, meaning that I am now 21 years old. Even though I think that birthdays just like anniversaries, mother’s day etc. are social constructs that force us to do things we should be doing all year around (e.g. being nice to each other and appreciating our loved ones) I do very much enjoy the special vibe that comes with a birthday and moreover I think that it is always a great time to think back and reflect on what has happened in the past year. I have decided to reflect back even further and share with you 21 things I have learnt in my 21 years- from life lessons to boy advice over to spiritual ideas:
- Be grateful for your Health. It is the biggest gift.
- Nothing is sexier, than having a passion in life.
- Travel as much as you can. In my opinion travelling to a different place automatically solves 99% of your problems and always gives you a new perspective on life.
- Don’t EVER give up on your dreams. They are what make this life worth living. If you follow your dreams and ambitions the right opportunities and people will find you.
- It doesn’t matter where you are born. Home is only a concept and you can find it anywhere on the globe.
- Eat right and exercise. Not because you want to be skinny/fit , but because of the way it makes you feel.
- If it doesn’t come easy and it is not something that you truly want to work for, let it go- it is not meant to be.
- If things with a boy are already difficult in the beginning and you have to force it- he is not meant for you. At the start the only thing you should think about is how much he makes you smile and not why he never texts you.
- Small minded people oftentimes can’t understand big goals
- Life isn’t about getting rid of negative emotions. They are part of life and without them we wouldn’t be able to appreciate the good times. Take them in and see them as a valuable part of your human experience instead of pushing them away.
- Look at the night sky. Nothing puts things into perspective as much as realizing how tiny our existence is in this endless universe.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. 99% of the people aren’t as happy as they appear to be.
- Don’t focus on where you are. Focus on where you want to be. Life is about faking it until you make it.
- Get enough sleep every night. It makes the biggest difference for your appearance, fitness & health.
- The only way that you will ever be happy in a relationship is by being happy with yourself and your life beforehand.
- Sometimes giving to others can give you more than anything else.
- You are in charge of your life. If you always blame people or circumstances, you will just continue being miserable. Take charge!
- Listen to your intuition. We all have that “inner voice”- we just need to listen to it more.
- Spend time alone. It so healthy and it gives you the opportunity to reflect on what you really care about and need for yourself.
- One day you will either have stories to tell or excuses to talk about. The choice is yours.
- Oftentimes it is the small moments in life that make us the happiest.
Now I am curious to hear your opinion about these points! Can you relate to any? What are the most important things you have learnt in life so far? Let me know!