Springtime is the best time for a cleanse. Everything in nature renews itself in spring to fully blossom in summer. Since all your body’s processes are naturally aligned with nature, it is ideal to detox during this time of the year. I have teamed up with my friend Katharina here who is a certified detox coach and created my top 5 detox tips for an easy spring cleanse:
1. Detox tip: morning detox drink
Lemon, ginger and red grapes are the most astringent foods on earth, meaning they cause your cells to contract and expel toxins. Furthermore, those foods are the most mucus dissolving ones on the planet. If you create a morning detox tea with those ingredients in its most concentrated form, you have a powerful detox drink that gently detoxes your body and dissolves mucus each and every day. The less mucus, the less inflammation and the less inflammation you have within your body, the less water weight your body holds on to in order to neutralize those toxins. Hence, your body gets more and more alkalized which leads to natural weight loss and detoxification.
Drink this tea daily, to do your body so much good with just one cup 🙂
- 1-2 big piece of organic ginger
- 1-2 organic lemons
- Handfull of organic red grapes
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high speed blender
- Add 0,5l of boiled water to it
- Mix for 30-60 seconds
- Let the pulp sink to the ground
- Poor into a cup through a strainer
- Enjoy in small sips
Image source: Medical news today here
2. Detox tip: detox juice
Fresh pressed juices contain an immense amount of vitamins and nutrients, but do not require the same amount of energy to be digested. Thus, the nutrients are more easily absorbed, and your body will have more energy left for other repair processes.
The key to consuming fresh-pressed juices is to prepare them yourself or get them from a source where you know there will be no added sugars. On top of that make sure to salivate the juice properly so that the digestion starts in your mouth. Processed, pre-packed juices and smoothies tend to contain a high percentage of artificial sweeteners and cannot be compared to fresh-pressed juices or self made smoothies.
Try to incorporate lemon, ginger, beetroot and celery into each and every juice as a base and add sweeter fruits like pineapple, apple, oranges etc. to enhance the taste.
- Drinking citrus juices at least three times a week can prevent kidney stones. Add lemons, grapefruits and oranges to your fresh-pressed juices in order to dissolve any stones there might be within your kidney or liver.
- Beetroot is absolutely phenomenal for your liver and blood and should be added to your juices as well. It also lowers high blood pressure naturally, so skip pharmaceutical drugs and add beetroot to your fresh-pressed juices if you have high blood pressure.
- Fresh-pressed celery juice is the best weapon against gut problems because it balances stomach acid. It restores the balance of hydrochloric acid in the body which is important for proper gut health. As we age, hydrochloric acid in the stomach is reduced, making it more difficult for the body to absorb nutrients. No matter what gut problems you might have, drinking fresh celery juice on its own will help.
Happy Detox Signature Juice
- 1⁄2 pineapple
- 1 medium red apple
- 1 small beet
- 1 stack of celery
- 1 organic lemon
- 1⁄2 inch fresh ginger root
- Wash and peel all of the ingredients and chop them as needed to fit through the spout of your juicer.
- Place a large glass or container under the spout of your juicer then feed the ingredients through in the order listed.
- Enjoy juice slowly and salivate properly for maximum nutrition absorption
Image source: juyogi here
3. Detox tip: super alkalizer soda
Organic baking soda is the “queen” of detoxification. It has the power to neutralize your pH, aid in digestion, and clean your intestines just to name a few. Simply because of the fact that it neutralizes toxins in your body immediately after it is consumed. It enters your blood through your intestines, cleanses your blood and intestines while destroying all pathogens. As most people´s pH level is acidic, organic baking soda helps in accelerating the detoxification process when taking orally every single day. Additionally, baking soda drains out excessive water, so be careful to not overdue it.
Start with ½ teaspoon mixed with warm water and drink it every morning on an empty stomach only. Don´t mix it with other drinks or foods and leave 20 mins before you have your breakfast.
Some of my favourites are Kairsernatron, or Arm&Hammer soda.
Image source: healthline here
4. Detox tip: shredded milk thistle seeds
Milk thistle is originally from Southern Europe and North America. It is consumed to detoxify the liver. The overall condition of your body mostly depends on the health of your liver. Show your liver some love by taking freshly shredded milk thistle seeds daily with your salad, smoothie or smoothie bowl.
Milk thistle seeds contain silymarin, which is a type of flavonoid that helps to protect the liver. Specifically, they alter the outer cell membrane of the liver cells to make them stronger. Additionally, milk thistle can support the liver’s ability to regenerate cells. It aids in the healthy development of new hepatocytes (liver cells) by activating a critical enzyme, nucleolar polymerase A. It increases the production and flow of bile which plays a crucial role in digestion. It can be taken in capsule form or incorporated in tea but I advise freshly shredded milk thistle seeds over capsules as they are a lot more powerful.
Consume 1 tablespoon of shredded milk thistle a day.
Image source: nittygrittylife here
5. Detox tip: regular cleanses
The last important detox tip is to conduct regular cleanses in form of colon, kidney or liver cleanses. I believe prevention is better than treatment. Those detox organs are designed to work endlessly for you and your health. However, it is highly beneficial to give those organs a break and detox them regularly as a spring cleanse. For example, the plant Cassia Fistula is great for cleansing the colon and blood in a natural and gentle way. For stronger cleanses there are several options like Dr. Moritz Liver and Gallbladder Cleanse or Dr. Morse Kidney cleanse formula.
Want to learn more about detox and healthy weight loss? Check out Katharina’s free detox course here
I hope you liked this blogpost and it gave you new ideas and inspiration to start a spring cleanse for a healthy and happy 2018.
*Disclaimer: All information and tools presented and written within this post are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist. All content within this post is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise. If you think you have any type of medical condition, you should seek professional advice.