Since having the best Acai Bowl ever on Maui, Hawaii last year I am absolutely hooked. Not only are they extremely healthy- they also taste amazing! My sister Julia worked at Munich’s best Acai Bowl place for a day and is now spilling the secret Acai Bowl recipe, which I will be sharing with you guys. Here is how you can make an amazing Acai bowl at home with only 4 ingredients:
-1 packet of frozen Acai
-2 ripe bananas (make sure that they are spotty)
-1 small cup of frozen blueberries
-2 medjool dates
I buy these frozen Acai packets at one of the organic grocery stores in Munich: Denn’s. Alternatively you could also try out Acai Powder (here) but I really recommend the frozen Acai, since it creates a delious, creamy texture.
How to make an Acai Bowl at home
- Take the frozen Acai packet out of the fridge and let it defrost a litttle, so that it is easier to blend
- Pit the dates and place them in your blender together with the Acai, one banana and the frozen blueberries
- Blend everything together until smooth. You might have to pause your blender inbetween and stir everything around with a spoon if it gets stuck
- Pour into a bowl and top it with your favourite toppings. Mine are fresh fruit, cacao nibs (here) and mulberries (here)
- Enjoy and pretend you are on the beach in Hawaii 😉
P.S. My friends at Smoothie Mixer are currently organizing a competion where you can win a Vitamix Blender by simply sharing your favourite smoothie recipe (check it out here). We bought ourselves a Vitamix last year and haven’t looked back since. It is very expensive to be fair, but we use it every day and it is very durable. Before the Vitamix I actually broke 3 other cheaper blenders by trying to make banana icecream- luckily with the Vitamix you could even throw your phone in there and it wouldn’t break.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Please let me know if you try it at home, I would be super happy to see your creations on Instagram 🙂